Peanut Barker Beagle Biscuits
A classic dog treat! These Peanut Barker Beagle Biscuits are going to become your pup's fave cookie. The recipe comes together easily and makes a ton of cookies. You can easily make them gluten-free if you want as well. Just change the whole wheat flour to your fave gluten free flour or rice flour. It may change the consistency a bit. And have fun with the shapes! We used the classic dog bone shapes, but also added in a few with our cute beagle cookie cutter. But you can change them up with the season: hearts for Valentine's day, Santa shapes for Christmas, or whatever cookie cutters you have in your kitchen. Your dog, beagle or not, will be circling the kitchen once these are ready.
- 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour (or gluten-free substitute)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup Peanut Barker. You can use either our Pumpkin Spice or Real Beef Liver.
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock (or substitute with water)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir until combined well.
- To another bowl add egg and whisk. Then add Peanut Barker, stock or water, and honey. Whisk until combined.
- Add the Peanut Barker mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until the dough comes together and is firm yet sticky. You can use a wooden spoon, the paddle attachment on your mixer, or use nature's mixer: your hands!
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough about 1/4" to 1/2" thick. Use the cookie cutter of your choice to cut into shapes.
- Place on a parchment lined sheet tray and bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden. A little over baking is fine. I mean what dog doesn't like a good crunchy treat!
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack. Store in an airtight container.
Give this a try and let us know in the comments below how it came out! Don't forget to tag us in your posts of your dog loving these treats @PeanutBarkerOfficial.